Aristotle called the American Dream a “Good Life” 2500-years ago. A Meaningful Life, he explained, was one spent in worthwhile projects that build sustainable societies; communities with all the basic needs of a Good Life: abundant food, shelter, education, opportunity, transportation, prosperity and security.
Worthwhile Ventures is a step-by-step Plan in Business, Engineering, Finance, and Economics where an initial 300 hi-tech workers share resources, revenues, and risk across 20+ companies (PLCs) in a configuration that reduces typical Robotics-Startup Return-on-Investment (ROI) – from 5-years – to just 20-months.
As a group investment, Worthwhile PLC Companies offer solid 30% profitability on operating revenue that continues until >$20M EBITDA is reached early-on in Year-2. $100M in Series-B Up-Rounds are planned predicated on the successful close of a $197M initial placement; $300M in gains are our 3-to-5 year Series-D up-round estimates. Conservative estimating assumes that none of our most successful hi-tech companies nor divisions will reach IPO before Year-5.
Individual investment placements and theme-based co-investing options require cheque-sizes of $7.5 to $20 million for SEED or Round-A per company. Profit and Capitalization Gains estimates are available per company, per theme, and in combinations – see page 7.
Alan Turing’s 1943 Universal Machine began a 70-year era of automation that is as promising as it has been disruptive. G7 Governments appear universally uncertain about how to support citizens through a steady barrage of job-losses at the same time that the benefits of automation are undeniable. If we do not shoot where the duck will fly today, then we will purchase our automated goods from China, Germany and others within five years and risk finding no export markets willing to spend more for our lower quality productions – this would have devastating economic impact.
So, how to manage the ongoing job-loss issue created by automation? Today G7 Governments do nothing; but have a better track on it.
Other countries, have figured out an Economic solution; it seems that countries with high export-per-capita (ExCap) very rarely are in a collapse trending (a “collapse trending” indicates debt and trade deficits). The Netherlands’ ExCap is $33,600, Canada is $13,300, and the US is $5,100. The US and Canada are collapse trending; Holland is Advancing.
CSQ Research, our guiding Think-Tank, compared the export stats and collapse-trending of 180 countries and found that 72% of all countries studied are in a collapse-trending today. So, we analyzed the policies of the other 28%: the “Advancing” nations, and found that these countries were routinely on the high-ExCap-countries list as well. When corrected to Holland’s ExCap levels, Canadians would earn $630 billion in new exports annually – that’s 250% of today’s exports. The U.S. misses out on $8 trillion by this measuring and the U.K. loses $1.5 trillion – annually as well.
These new country-wide export revenues make a compelling Business Case for i) social supports that also support exports; ii) automations that support a Good Life; and iii) this also puts a very high price-tag on inequity-levels that stifle a 100% productive population.
To get G7 countries to high-ExCap-levels will require economic policies similar to those summarized as “#TEMature” at http://csq1.org/transition-economics-maturity-model/#TEMat; these policies include Reverse Taxation, Guaranteed Incomes, Engineering Safety Nets, Retraining, and similar. Fortunately, the price of these programs total around 1/10th the cost of the gains above. Find Stats to form your own conclusions at http://csq1.org/forums/topic/middle-class-for-power-49-percent-for-prosperity/ and http://csq1.org/forums/topic/the-business-case-for-guaranteed-incomes/
Worthwhile automations adhere to the #WPProjects list of 250 specific technologies needed to interconnect to create a new economic engine (see http://csq1.org/world-peace-transition-projects-faq/). This new economic “Injector” creates exportable production that lifts our ExCap levels, incomes, and improves spending-power – while we sleep.
Insisting on public investment in these interconnected Renewable Automations is a shift in thinking as beneficial as was Henry Ford’s assembly line. It’s a strategic shift that supports worthwhile and profitable industry at the same time that it also harvests the trillions of dollars in economic prosperity left on the table when our technology Investments do not inter-operate to support a “Good Life”.
When Finance prospers at the same time that Debt, Deficits, Unemployment and Trade Deficits are corrected, Investment can be considered sustainable – and Worthwhile.